This year health and safety has come to the forefront like never before.
Here at Sensus Building Group we have always taken workplace health and safety incredibly seriously. That’s why we are big believers in participating in Safe Work Month – a yearly opportunity to reflect and recognize the importance of working safely.
This year Safe Work Month’s theme is, “Work Health and Safety through COVID-19,” acknowledging and reflecting upon the wide-reaching impacts of the pandemic.
Sensus was quick to review our policies and procedures back in March to ensure WHS risks from Covid were reduced for our employees and our clients.
“Safety is our number one priority. The safety of our employees, our clients and our community,” says WHS Officer & Client Relations Manager, Deirdre Wakefield. “We are privileged to work with and around a wide range of community members. We take that responsibility incredibly seriously.”
To help stop the spread of Covid-19 Sensus has implemented increased safety measures for both site and office-based employees.
Safety initiatives include:
- Increased hygienic measures including sanitizing hands upon arrival
- Flu vaccination required for all site employees
- Adhering to social distancing at all times
- Zero contact with aged care and retirement living residents
- Mask wearing where social distancing is not possible
- Temperature checks for all employees and sub-contractors at high risk sites
- All sub-contractors have covid-19 safe work measure statements
- Office employees encouraged to work from home
When travel between QLD and NSW became restricted Sensus quickly tapped into our team of local construction experts who could operate within cross-border bubbles. This nimble thinking allowed jobs to progress on time and budget.
The Sensus team closely monitors government announcements and updates our policies and procedures in-line with best practice.
“By keeping the lines of communication open with our teams and clients, we’re doing everything we can to keep our valued stakeholders safe,” says Deirdre. “Safety is our number priority.”